Tuesday, July 12, 2011

21st century board games

Last night at about 10:15, we were having the usual discussion about
whether we should be sensible adults and go to bed, or stay up and do something.
We typically opt for the latter, if you are wondering.
And it typically involves Netflix and some sort of snack.
But last night, I really had a hankering to play the game Scattergories.



Except here's the thing: we don't own Scattergories.

Except here's the other thing: we do own the internet.

I just got us each out a notebook, then Googled "Scattergories lists," and found this. 
We set up the laptop where we could both see the lists, and numbered our notebooks to 12.

But then we had to choose a letter, and didn't have the lettered die.



Oh, no worries! I just found a random letter generator!

And then for the timer. You already know that we didn't have this



So we just used this instead.

And there you have it! A wonderful time was had by all.
Except Chris had more fun than I did, because he won.
And I'm sort of a sore loser in games that I can actually win.
Beat me at football or basketball and I'm as pleasant as can be,
but getting bested at Trivial Pursuit or Tetris really burns me up.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Where would we be without the world wide web?

Sara said...

lets get together and play some games. we love games. and we love you guys.

kate said...

I love love love you!